INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Screen View  (Read 748 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Full Screen View
« on: February 29, 2008, 02:10:40 pm »

I'm not sure if there's a way to do this. I've been trying for several days. I use a full screen Track Info visualization similar to PM Lyrics. The screens contain dozens of interactive content with hyperlinks, etc. Is there a way to keep the screen full at all times? As we know, currently if you get near the sides or top the player controls and borders appear which ends up moving the screen content. When that happens you actually end up clicking on the wrong hyperlink. The other annoying part of the current fullscreen mode is that a double click closes the full screen mode. When using content boxes with scroll bars I find that clicking the scroll arrows will actually close the screen.

I tried to detach the display which is a bit better. There are 2 problems with this. 1 may be a bug. In detached mode once a hyperlink has been clicked the screen no longer responds to any further mouse actions. It appears as if the screen is visible but not active. I tried the keep on top box as checked and not checked. Neitther solves the problem. The other problem is that many of the hyperlinks will open in IE. In detached mode IE opens in the background and I cant get to it.

It would be great if ther were a way to 'lock the screen' in fullscreen mode and prevent the player window and doubleclick actions. Perhaps it could be unlocked in a specific hotspot only. This would be similar to putting a Youtube video in fullscreen mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up