INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Inside mp3 filesnot showing in MC12  (Read 1617 times)

jaht

• Recent member
Cover Art Inside mp3 filesnot showing in MC12
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:25:51 am »

I have all my mp3 files with cover art inside file and after installing MC12 in a new computer and importing all mp3 files to the library covert art is not showing?

Any help

Thanks

JAH

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Cover Art Inside mp3 filesnot showing in MC12
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:47:34 am »

You didn't provide much information so I have to ask a few questions:

Did you use MC12 on your old computer? Did you add cover art with MC or with some other program?

Have you checked the Image File field contents? It should say "Inside File" if cover art is detected as embedded. (You can add the Image File field as a new column to a details view or add it in the AW > Tag display.)

I assume MC is not creating thumbnails at all (is this correct?), but does cover art show up in the main display when you play a file and have the standard cover art display enabled?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jaht

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 06:56:09 pm »

I have MC12 on old computer but the files where converted from flac to mp3 using Easy CD-DA Extractor 11 and the cover art can be read from other software, Tag&Rename, iTunes, Easy CD-DA Extractor 11, etc..

Covert Art is inside file, no thumbnails are created.

The error in MC12 says "failed to load from inside file".

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 03:50:35 am »

I would need to see a sample file. A small clip would be enough if it is created using the same programs and settings. You can use e.g. the www.rapidshare.com service and post the link here. It would be good to put the sample in a zip package before uploading.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jaht

• Recent member

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 06:26:27 am »

Thanks. My browser tried to play the file instead of downloading it (that's why I asked to zip it), but I found the file from the browser's cache.

The ID3v2 tag block is not correctly readable by some programs, including Media Center, Mp3tag, dbPowerAmp, Windows Media Player and foobar2000. These programs can see only the ID3v1 part, which doesn't contain cover art or they can access the ID3v2 tags only partially. As you said, some other programs can read the ID3v2 tags and the included APIC frame, which contains the embedded image file.

The ID3v2 tag format appears to be slightly invalid and not all programs seem to be able to handle this.

I don't know if JRiver can change their code to support this kind of file (I let Matt from JRiver answer this), but as a workaround you could resave the tags once with your Tag&Rename program. Any small tag change would be enough for making the files standard conforming. (I tested this by tagging ''LAME'' in the ''Encoded By'' field in T&R.)

jaht

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 08:41:24 am »

Thanks for your help, I changed The Encoded by field on my files with Tag&Rename and all is good now.

Thanks again

JAH
Pages: [1]   Go Up