INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO in Vista?  (Read 7923 times)

Ripper

• Junior Woodchuck
ASIO in Vista?
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:57:01 am »

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and an M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192 sound card.  I don't think that I can select ASIO output, but I would like unadulterated, bit-perfect audio to stream out of my card.  Is this possible?  If not, is it Vista's fault?  Is there a way around this?    Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ASIO in Vista?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:15:46 am »

There were a lot of responses in your original thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45222.msg310239#msg310239

If it's not working, please provide more details there.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ripper

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 12:14:52 pm »

Just to clarify, that was not my thread.  I made the last post there, but, since I didn't receive a response, I reposted my message here.  I don't think that the earlier comments addressed my question, which was how and whether one can enable ASIO (or something that does the same thing) in Vista Home Premium 32-bit in Media Center 12.

I do appreciate the discussion that preceded my post, but it does not quite pertain to what I was asking.  Thanks for your help.

There were a lot of responses in your original thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45222.msg310239#msg310239

If it's not working, please provide more details there.

Thanks.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:34:02 pm »

Have you tried it? If you have Vista-ready drivers from M-Audio, I believe the integration with MC's ASIO implementation should work.

However, the Vista32 drivers are beta (Version: 5.10.00.5065), and there's a note on their website that "DTS pass through does not work at the present time with Vista 32, AC-3 does work. The problem is restricted to Windows Vista 32. DTS works fine with Windows XP. Does not apply to the Delta 44."

So, things are clearly in a bit of flux with M-Audio. I've had a DiO 24/96 card for years that I love, but went with my integrated SPDIF output when I moved to Vista.

I say give a whirl and let us know what happens! :) (Make sure you have the correct channel offset, though, or there will be no sound....)

brad

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 08:10:20 pm »

Sorry about the mixup.  Brad's advice is good.

Let us know what you find.

(alas, I also retired an M-Audio card since it took them over a year to release a Vista driver)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up