INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server: Client Freezing  (Read 813 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Library Server: Client Freezing
« on: February 21, 2008, 08:30:04 am »

Since about build 12.0.432 (I am currently running .438), I have been having lots of freezes on my library server client.  It plays the music fine but, the freezing occurs when switching views or scrolling.  This happens at work running library server over the internet and on my network at home (ethernet).  There is no error message, I will just be scrolling a playlist say, and then MC will become completely unresponsive and I will have to go to task manager to shut it down.  Anybody else seeing this?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Server: Client Freezing
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:19:43 am »

I've seen a lot more freezes from which I have to force quit recently, but these aren't with library server, rather just general use.

pecorp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:21:33 am »

please see my post below and see if you are having the same problems

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45236.0

MC12 freezing during playback. Maybe we can get this figured out.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 01:27:56 pm »

I don't think we are talking about the same issue here.  My main PC, running Vista and the library server, is not the problem  (well, it has it's crashes occaissionally but, that's another story).  My problem only occurs on the client PC's that are connected to the library server.  And, it is not related to playback.  Playback is fine.  I have had freezes occur when I was just scrolling though playlists when no song is even playing.  As I mentioned above, this is on one PC that connects to the server over the Internet and one that coonects over my home network.  As I did not mention above, both client PC's are running XP and the server is running Vista.  And, I have been using this set up for a long time now and did not notice these issues until the last couple of builds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up