INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automated Export of Smartlist?  (Read 909 times)

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Automated Export of Smartlist?
« on: February 21, 2008, 03:59:20 pm »

I'd like to setup a Smartlist that automatically exports to an .m3u file. The reason is to have this .m3u file synched to by portable player. For example, I'd like to create a "Most Popular" smartlist showing all files than have been played 5 times or more. Instead of manually having to going and export this smarlist, I'd like Media Player to do so automatically (periodically or more likely every time the application opens or closes). Is this possible?

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automated Export of Smartlist?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 06:41:44 am »

a simple batfile maybe can help

C:\"your win path"\system32\MC12.exe /MCC 20004,1

this will export all playlists and suppress any popup message (to your library folder)

you can read further here http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
then you can set it to run when ever you like..

:)

MT5FR

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Automated Export of Smartlist?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:43:27 pm »

I should tell a short story here. I think I have talked about this on the forum before right as I was switching from iTunes to MC 18 months ago.

I used to use iTunes and had a playlist for each day of the week.  I would adjust these playlists whenever I felt like it.

Then, I had a spare computer running in an adjacent room with an audio cable through the wall and a wireless numeric keypad.  Then I had tasks setup to start the playlists at my wakeup time each weekday.  Changing the wakeup time was tricky.

But on my numeric keypad, I could enter different number combinations to specify how long to snooze.  The music would FADE OUT and then fade up as I needed to wake.

That's right, everything faded.  And I had long fades.  I think it took a minute or two to bring the music up.

I really should get something like this setup again.  I had the Altec Lansing ATP3 speakers on both sides of my bed for stereo sound w/ subwoofer.  It was beyond words and amazing.  If only I could buy the ATP3 again.  I already have two sets of them plus an ATP4.  They don't sell them anymore!  They redesigned them and now they sound like crap.  Big mistake Altec Lansing.  they went for blaring bass without tight, accurate bass that I got with the ATP3.  Plus, the older ones look nicer.

They sell for at or above new price on eBay.  Still waiting for a good price.

I need to set this up asap.  Thanks for reminding me.  Now I could use my spare Asus EEE and I have a wired keypad.  I could put the EEE under my bed and I wouldn't hear it.  I'll hard wire the ethernet and disable wireless.  I will use the info above.  thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up