INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scheduler 1 hour offset  (Read 1272 times)

evilhobo

• Recent member
Scheduler 1 hour offset
« on: February 04, 2008, 04:50:35 pm »

Ever since updating to build 404, I've had a problem with the scheduler being off by an hour. I've now updated to build 428 and the problem still exists. The problem may have been introduced long before 404 as I can't remember what build I had before that update.

Anyway, the problem is as follows. After setting up a scheduled record for say, 10am, the scheduler will not actually start the record until 11am. And looking at the countdown (hours remaining), it is most definately off by an hour. For example, at 9am, the scheduler will report that there is 2 hours remaining until the scheduled recording at 10.

This is a problem ONLY with the scheduler as MC seems to be reporting the system time correctly. My system time is set to GMT+10 (Sydney) with auto adjustment for daylight saving. I'm running XP Pro with SP2.

I think I remember reading an old changelog that mention something about the scheduler being off by an hour in some time zones due to daylight saving and was wondering if this offset was intentionally introduced to compensate that.

Either way, this is getting quite annoying as I have to set all my schedules to an hour earlier, which can get VERY confusing.

Thank you for any help on the matter.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Scheduler 1 hour offset
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:39:39 pm »

I can reproduce this at home as well.

We'll try to get it fixed in the next build.

Thanks for your patience.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 01:42:20 pm »

Should be fixed (for good) in build 429 and later:
Fixed: Scheduling and other time-related functions could incorrectly account for DST in southern hemisphere countries.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

evilhobo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 11:22:11 pm »

thanks for the fix. I wonder why nobody else picked it up. I can't be the only person in the whole of the southern hemisphere to use the scheduler!

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 04:56:00 am »

thanks for the fix. I wonder why nobody else picked it up. I can't be the only person in the whole of the southern hemisphere to use the scheduler!
... and the daylight saving.

Why not. Let me think, you must be the other customer - beside me.

:)

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 06:19:16 pm »

I had this problem as well - but was making note of it in the "Current release" thread (3 times in total).

Good to see it finally fixed... tho being woken up at 6:10am this morning instead of 7:10am was a little grating!
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store
Pages: [1]   Go Up