INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In THe Last Couple OF Builds  (Read 1992 times)

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
In THe Last Couple OF Builds
« on: February 20, 2008, 03:41:23 pm »

I notice that Media Center won't let me close it if it is only running for a song or so. It says tools are running (I assume auto import) and that all changes will be lost.  Do you still want to continue? yes or no. (or something to that effect). I never had this problem before.  Is there something new in the way auto import is working?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: In THe Last Couple OF Builds
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 03:55:19 pm »

Could you post the exact message?

If it warns you at shutdown about a running tool, it should tell you exactly what tools are running.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 05:59:01 pm »

Running Tools:
Library Import

I will probably just shut off auto import. This is not a major problem it is just something I haven't seen until the last couple of builds. Perhaps it is taking longer to check the import folders?

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 06:12:19 pm »

Running Tools:
Library Import

I will probably just shut off auto import. This is not a major problem it is just something I haven't seen until the last couple of builds. Perhaps it is taking longer to check the import folders?

I recently noticed this message as well.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Omni

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 09:39:28 pm »

I didn't realize this was a recent event; otherwise, I would have reported this, too.

Since the release of the latest version (438), I've done two semi-large imports.  I don't do the auto-import thing (I like to maintain full control), but the first night I imported one large directory tree (120,000+ images and video clips), and the second night I did another directory tree (~10,000 images).

For the first run, it took 6+ hours to import, but even after MC reported that it was done, I still could not close MC.  ("MC is still importing.  Are you sure you want to abort this process?" [paraphrasing])  I canceled exiting and let it continue, all the while a JRWorker.exe process kept popping up in my task list.  It was annoying only because it would always take the focus away from whatever app I was running, be it Firefox or even a game.  ;)  I just left MC open all night long, and it seemed to finish (building thumbnails presumably) by morning.

For the second run, same thing.  The import only took an hour or so, but again MC had to churn ALL NIGHT doing whatever it was it was doing. (Again, building thumbnails I presume.)

Again, I didn't report this because I thought this was "normal," but I do think that you need to provide some sort of status/feedback to the user.  A time estimate would probably not be doable, but at least something like "Building thumbnail 23,434/120,000" or something.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 03:28:01 am »

I didn't realize this was a recent event; otherwise, I would have reported this, too.
[...]
Same for me!

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 03:29:20 am »

ditto

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 03:50:24 am »

I also had it once, although I do not use auto-import, but I imported recently some 22'000 image files and moved about 1000 from one library to another library.

Omni

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 04:19:02 am »

As an update, MC decided out of the blue that it still wasn't done importing even though I had opened and closed MC numerous times since my last "all night run" two days ago. When I try to exit, I am now getting this again:

(I presume this is the same message others are talking about, too.  Speak up if it's not.)

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 10:04:48 am »

same here every time i close down - ?

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 05:21:32 pm »

I think I saw that message once.  No more, though.  So I'm not experiencing it.

)p(

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 03:11:31 am »

I see that message when I close and restart mc on my htpc. The database itself is located on the server pc.

peter

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 03:06:26 am »

So, if answering "Yes" doesn't destroy my library, could we get a "don't show this message again" checkbox please?.... I'm seeing this popup a lot!

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up