INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: real time mp3 encoding from satellite to HDD  (Read 504 times)

jagpor

real time mp3 encoding from satellite to HDD
« on: August 05, 2002, 11:52:35 pm »

New to this forum and new to Media Jukebox but it rocks so far.  I am fairly new to mp3 as i usually use Monkey Audio lossless. I have a HTPC with a Audiophile 2496 sound card and a DSS satellite reciever with optical out.  I just bought an Amigo handheld PPC with Windows PPC2002 and WMP 8.0 for PPC. loaded.  I also have a 8.1 gig HDD that plugs into expansion slot on Amigo.  I want to buy a optical to digital converter for the input of my soundard on HTPC and then using MJ encode to mp3 or WMA and then later transfer to Amigo's 8.1 HDD. for playback in car. Can this be done real time by just leaving sat., HTPC, and MJ left on for a few days of recording. If so, any suggestions  for set up procedures as I have never recorded from sound card input before.  Also, does anyone have experience with how big of files the MP 8.0 for PPC2002 allow.  I know that it will take a pretty big playlist but with 8.1 gig continuous music from sat, I thing that figures out to about 260 hours; very big file.  I am thinking that I will have to put breaks every couple of hours so that MP see as individual tracks.
Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up