INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tagging user interface  (Read 1233 times)

ccr

• Recent member
tagging user interface
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:38:19 pm »

I have a few problems (and wishes) while organizing my music library: (I'm using version 12.0.441)

1. The tag window leaves blank lines where deleted user-defined library fields used to be.  Refreshing, exiting MC12, using different display options have no effects of removing the blank lines.  Pressing TAB key to advance to the next field stops working when the next field is the blank. 

2. The tag window sometimes disappeared with no apparent reason, but seemed to be triggered by something (e.g. tracks/fields) that I clicked...  This had happened to me several times, but unfortunately it's hard to reproduce the problem.  Once tag window disappeared like that, clicking "Tag" item from the Action Window brings up an empty Tag window.

3. Can MC12 remember the last rule/naming scheme used within "Rename Files from Properties" or "Fill the Properties from Filename" by default?  Right now, it always selects the newest rule typed in as the default.  To me, this is less desirable since there are times that I would type in a "temporary" rule, but then it shows up by default all the time after I've entered it--until I typed in a new one.

4. Can we have a keyboard short-cut (like Shift-Delete in Firefox) to clear individual item in the Recent List of the user defined rules/schemes?  It's nice to have an option of clearing just a few items on the list.

5. Renaming Files From Property:  Can we have checkboxes to select/deselect tracks from the operation?  The preview is great and sometimes I do catch a few tracks that would not have been renamed properly and I'd wish I don't have to cancel the entire operation  because of a few exceptions.

6. Fill Properties From Filename:  Can we have a preview window (AND checkboxes next to the tracks) like the one we have for Renaming Files From Property?  It'd be very helpful for checking if the rules have been entered properly.  Right now, I can only check after the operation's been performed, and special characters in the filenames always cause surprises--I'd wish I'd seen that in the preview first.

Hope this list is not too long.

Thanks!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: tagging user interface
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:13:32 pm »

I haven't seen #1 or #2 happen before, but #3-6 would be really nice additions, IMO.

ccr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »

I haven't seen #1 or #2 happen before

I understand problem #2 is hard to catch/reproduce but I just want the MC team to be aware of it.  It was a bit scary when it first occurred (I was working on the tags in the tag window and I thought a major error was happening), but now I know no serious damage was done.  Usually I have to play around--i.e. select another track, etc.--to get the tag window back to the proper way.  As for #1, it is still happening to me and I'd really like to see the blanks removed.  Here's what I did with my library:

My library was first created with an earlier version (.438 I think), added several user fields, deleted one of them--but don't remember whether the tag window left a blank line or not at the time; then upgraded to version .441, added one more regular text field and one calculated field, then deleted another field created from the previous version.  That was when I started to notice the two blank lines on the tag window.  The blanks seemed to be located where the fields would have been (alphabetically) if they were there.

Hope this helps with the debugging. 

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:31:32 am »

I've seen #1 before.
The only way I managed to clear the empty lines was to recreate the deleted library field, remove it from the tag window using the "Also show..." list, then deleting the offending field again.

ccr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 01:12:43 am »

The only way I managed to clear the empty lines was to recreate the deleted library field, remove it from the tag window using the "Also show..." list, then deleting the offending field again.

That worked. Thank you!

gappie

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 01:40:33 am »

ive seen # 1 also often. an other option that works nowadays is choose 'also show>reset all checks'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up