INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MKV files imported as 'data' "bug" is turning off potential MC customers.  (Read 1202 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

The MKV files not importing as video is a real problem. Jim has stated that this happens when MC cannot find the directshow filters to play mkv files (usually h264 filters). In almost all cases, people will tell you that the files will play back fine once the media type is corrected to video, so the directshow filters ARE there. In my case, when importing a large batch of mkv files, there's no rhyme or reason that can be readily devined to figure out why certain files happily import as video, and others do not.
Can we get some kind of option to check so that we can "Force mkv filetype to be imported as video", so that it doesn't go looking for filters that exist, are correctly set up but it just can't find during import?

Matroska container for h264/AC3 is only going to grow rapidly in popularity in 2008. It'd bode well for MC to rein in the issue now. :)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

Update, in case you're reading this thread: In another thread, Yaobing, has said that this problem will be fixed in the next build.

[EDIT] Version 12.0.422 and above have fixed this problem, so upgrade if you're having this issue.

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

koivu_11

• Recent member
Re: MKV files imported as 'data' "bug" is turning off potential MC customers.
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 01:58:02 pm »

thanks for updating this thread, I came to the forums to search for this exact issue.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: MKV files imported as 'data' "bug" is turning off potential MC customers.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:11:19 pm »

I can personally attest that it works 100% now. And by the way, Koivu, it was you who (silently) prompted me to make more noise about this issue. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up