INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File converting from AVI to normal DVD standard  (Read 866 times)

KAP

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
File converting from AVI to normal DVD standard
« on: February 25, 2008, 01:10:15 pm »

I want to convert AVI files from a flash card, in to normal DVD standard for showing on a normal DVD player.

I have watched for a plug in for DVD, but I have not foun it.
How can I get this fixed?

KAP

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: File converting from AVI to normal DVD standard
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:15:57 pm »

Does not anybody know about a plugin for this use?
Is this a problem belonging to rights and licenses or some thing like that?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: File converting from AVI to normal DVD standard
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 04:56:01 pm »

There is no plugin for that.

Creating a DVD Video disc from AVI files is not as simple as converting audio files and burning audio CDs.

Basically it is a three step process. First you need to convert the AVI files to standard conforming MPEG2 format. The next step is DVD Authoring. After the disc stucture is created with an authoring program the DVD disc can be burned.

It is possible to do this with freeware programs. For example the following combination should work: convert with MediaCoder, author with DVDstyler and burn with ImgBurn. However, the learning curve can be steep. Usually the freeware programs are quite technical and the interfaces are not exactly user friendly.

A better option might be to try a commercial package that is intended for typical home users and can do all these steps. This wiki article has a list of such programs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_authoring. Personally I have used only advanced pro programs and I can't recommend anything, but for example Ulead DVD MovieFactory should be able to do the job. I think it has a free trial.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up