INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVI Files, MC 12 and Vista  (Read 758 times)

Ricky

AVI Files, MC 12 and Vista
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:53:07 am »

I have used MC for audio tracks for on two Vista and two XP PCs for some time now, and thought it was about time I used it for Video.

Having converted titles to avi and stored them on a seperate NAS drive to my audio files, I imported them into each individual MC PC. This worked well on the XP PCs with the files being accessible from the Video dropdown button. However on the Vista PCs the avi files are only accessible through the Audio dropdown button /Disk Location.

Am I doing anything wrong in Vista, or is this a bug of some sort?

Any help would be appreciated.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: AVI Files, MC 12 and Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:47:29 am »

Hard to tell :)

Here are a few things that you can check....

1) Make sure that the 'Media Type' tag on your avi files is set to 'Video'
2) Check the view scheme definitions for 'Audio' and 'Video'--eg. right click and choose 'Edit View Scheme'. Make sure that neither of the view schemes are explicitly saying to hide/show your avi files (could be by any number of characteristics, but the most basic is looking at 'Media Type').
3) If you are having trouble with child view schemes, you'll have to look at them as well...

My guess is that something on the Vista machine caused those files to import as 'Media Type'=Data, which means they won't show up in the Video view schemes.

As to why? Usually it's a flakey DirectShow filter.... Despite the problem with where the files are located, are you able to playback the files on the Vista machine?

brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up