INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO OUTPUT: Guinea Pigs Needed...  (Read 6118 times)

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
RE:ASIO OUTPUT: Guinea Pigs Needed...
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2002, 07:46:04 pm »

So having SW settings in MJ for 24/192 conversion on the fly is a real possibility in MJ9 ?? WOW !!

This would stone cold rock the party for me :D !!! I am thinking about changing my amping setup to monoblocks... With an Ego Sys 24/192 and direct analogue connection to monoblocks that could be a revelation... Dont worry about CPU make it a clearly defined cpu intensive option or plug in...

Currently everything is in chaos still after my move so this is not a right now item anyway but it dos sound very very appealing...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2002, 05:30:17 pm »

I just would like to add my 2cents that 24/192 resampling would be really really cool. Very excited to hear of even the possibility. I can use the 24/200kHz DAC in my card !!

And don't worry about CPU usage.. We all need more applications that can really take advantage of SSE/SSE2 and >2.5Ghz processors :).

Osho

bspachman

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2002, 10:58:58 pm »

Now that I have enough high-quality audio files to see if ASIO makes a difference, I've been playing around with the 9C (alpha3) version of the AISO enabler. I suppose my question(s) are of the basic setting variety. Here's hoping someone can shed some light:

1) Before installing the ASIO alpha, my MJ8 playback setting was to use the default WaveOut and the MAudio SPDIF output in the advanced playback settings. The MAudio control panel had "WavOut SPDIF" selected in the "H/W out SPDIF" section of the patchbay/router panel and "WavOut 1/2" selected in the "H/W out 1/2" section. Everything worked fine.

2) After installing the ASIO alpha, the same settings yielded no sound. I did not go to the options screen of MJ to see if anything had changed, so I assume things are still set as they were above. I was finally able to get sound out of my receiver by changing the "H/W out SPDIF" section to "Monitor Mixer".

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what settings should be enabled in the MAudio control panel and in MJ for proper ASIO playback so I can do a more valid A/B comparison? Has anyone seen a better explanation of how to manipulated the control panel settings than the manual provides?

Relevant details: OS-Win2k, sp3; MJ 8.0.336 w/ASIO alpha3; M-Audio Dio 24/96 sound card; M-Audio driver 5.10.00.0026

Best,
Brad
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up