INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a MC alarm clock?  (Read 1022 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Creating a MC alarm clock?
« on: May 14, 2007, 06:25:06 pm »

At one point in 2005 I created a quite sophisticated alarm clock.  It was based on a Windows system which accessed playlists that were automatically exported from iTunes every night.  I had a wireless remote with a keypad that I could use to enter various commands to snooze, start music, etc.  I used the Altec Lansing ATP3 speaker system--very decent 3-way speakers.  The computer was even in an adjacent room and a audio cable was ran through the wall, so there was no computer noise.

Unfortunately, it had many issues that were annoying.  And now with MC, things are much different.  I'm just curious if anyone has created a solution for this issue.  I like the MP101's and have a nice universal remote that I could theoretically setup to turn it on and start music at a certain time, but there are many potential problems--extra delays could mess up the remote commands, and a million other chances for problems.

What would be nice is if there was something like the Apple product where you plug it into ethernet and it can play audio.  Just imagine an alarm clock with an ethernet port or wifi that was a UPnP compatible device!  In the worst case, I am tempted to run another dedicated system, but it isn't an ideal setup.

p7389

• World Citizen
Re: Creating a MC alarm clock?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 04:57:57 pm »

I'd like some sort of alarm clock functionality in MC too.

I have used it as such, but I usually don't leave the computer on during the night.

I just found out about http://www.ornj.net/citrus/ . I haven't installed it and tested it, but I like the sound of it. It'd be great if the scheduler in MC could incorporate the some things that app (purports) to do, foremostly

- the ability to wake the computer from sleep state
- "Fade in alarm audio for relaxed awakening"

and some sort of snooze function perhaps.

Perhaps I'll give the Citrus thing a try later.

Perhaps I'll try out the citrus
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up