INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Several problems with recording t.v.  (Read 1276 times)

parrot

• Recent member
Several problems with recording t.v.
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:50:57 pm »

I'm having some problems recording shows off of T.V.

Watching T.V. using Media Center works just fine- zero display problems, audio sounds great, everything is perfect as far as I can tell.

However when I record something- I can only use the JRiver codec which is 640x240, if I use any other codec I get more dropped frames than ones actually recorded.

When I use the JRiver codec I get 0 dropped frames, but upon playback- the video starts out kind of fast and the audio isn't synchronized with the video. It's off by a good 2 seconds or so. Also the audio quality is competely awful- a huge amount of hissing and it just doesn't sound right. Like I said- when I'm just watching t.v. using Media Center the audio is fantastic. I've tried recording over a dozen different channels but have the same result each time.

I've tried searching the forum for people with similar problems but can't seem to find any answers for my particualr case.

Does anyone know what the problem might be or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Several problems with recording t.v.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 05:50:54 pm »

What TV device are you using? What is your computer spec.?

Have you tried making a custom recording profile? What audio and video codec do you have on your computer? XVid or DivX should work great with MC.

Also, JRiver video codec is configurable. You can configure the quality.

Dropping frames can be caused by many factors. CPU power is the most important. It also depends on how fast your hard disk is. Make sure you have a lot of hard disk space, and keep it de-fragmented.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up