INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Library function  (Read 683 times)

Blairis

• Recent member
Update Library function
« on: August 05, 2002, 09:12:28 am »

Running 8.0.336 the update Library function with "Update all database fields" doesn't appear to work as expected.

All of my MP3 files are stored on a XP Pro server from which my 3 home computers can access it.  If I update MP3 file information on one computer I can see that MJ has fixed the ID3v2 fields on the actual files but this change is not picked up via the "Update Libary" function on another computer.

On the other computer if I delete the files from the library and re-import them then the changes appear.

Anyone else have this problem?

Without this feature I'm going to have lots of trouble keeping my databases up to date across multiple users.

P.S. Updating tag information via a network connected drive is REALLY slow.  On the file server it is reasonably quick.

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Update Library function
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 10:05:10 am »

Perfect use for the Media Server.  One library on the file server and the 3 other computers connect to it.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Blairis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 11:47:58 am »

The Media Server is cool but you can't save playlists as mentioned in another message.

Still, the update library function isn't working as it should.

I'm hoping someone else can test this and see if they have the same problem.

Blairis

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2002, 01:13:20 pm »

After playing some more I've noticed that the update all database fields picks up changes in the artist name but not the Year.  I've been cleaning up the dates on various files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up