INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to import old podcast files into MC so that it shows up under podcasts?  (Read 1041 times)

saskwatch

Without rehashing the whole "ITUNES SUCKS" known fact of the universe... I need a way to import my old podcast files into MC.  I tried setting the media sub type to podcast, but that did not move my files under the Podcast umbrella of MC 12.  I am guessing that MC 12 uses the feed URL or some other tags to determine if it is a podcast or not.  Anyway, I will let you experts tell me if it can be done or not (if so - how to).

Help.

OBTW - Setting up smart playlists are not as sexy as them showing up in the podcast section.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Only two ways I know of:
1)  Re-download the files with MC12 (obviously doesn't work for files no longer in the feed).
2)  Create your own feed that points to the files and pull them in with that.  This is also a crappy solution in that building the feed would be a pain and the files wouldn't show up with the newer programs in that podcast feed.

This is a feature request that I have seen come up many times, hopefully JRiver sees it as a needed item.
Pages: [1]   Go Up