INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application Data/J River folder  (Read 777 times)

jlar310

• Recent member
Application Data/J River folder
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:20:06 pm »

I have MC 12 installed on my computer at work where we have each user's 'Application Data' folder redirected to a network share using Group Policy. Note this is *not* a roaming profile situation, the Application Data folder is always accessed across the network.

I would like to tell MC to stop using the network folder altogether. I am able to do this just fine for the Library. I have also used 'Options-File Location' to change the Cover Art folder and Temporary Files folder. However, upon running MC with these settings, I still get a 'Cache' and 'Media Center 12/Temp' folder on the network drive and I have seen files pop in and out of the Temp folder as it builds my library so I know it is being used.

Before I post on why MC 12.0.451 is crashing (closing completely and/or giving a Buffer Overrun warning), I would like to make sure that all of the files being used are local to my machine because I know that network shares have the potential to introduce a wide variety of problems.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Application Data/J River folder
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 03:59:28 pm »

You could try a portable install (pick advanced in the installer).

It's still experimental, but does redirect the registry and application data to a specific folder of your choosing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up