INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Backup problems....  (Read 968 times)

monsterman

• Recent member
Library Backup problems....
« on: March 23, 2008, 09:51:24 am »

I have rip many DVDs kept in my harddisk. I have also downloaded Artcover for the ripped movies and have been doing manual work to add each movies with the artwork cover.

I managed to do a artwork backup with Mc12 (click Library then Library backup) and save this file on a standalone harddrive which could be later recover by a click of button (restored library). The problem is if i do a reformat of my harddisk and newly reinstall windows and MC12 again, i can no longer retrived the backup artwork/library.

What i get back is those files but without the artwork attachement anymore. With these i have to redo manually again with 100+ movies artwork.

Is there anyway that the artwork library could be saved and retrieved even after i reformat my harddrive (since the movies files are saved on another drive and library backups are save in the that same folder)?

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Library Backup problems....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:23:33 am »

The Image File field values (aka cover art links) are included in a library backup file.

Most likely the image files are not available in the link locations. You can check the Image File field values in AW > Tag or by adding the field as a new column to a details view.

MC may have used the cover art location setting that was set in "Options > File Location > Cover Art...".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up