INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Artists  (Read 1526 times)

french

Multiple Artists
« on: March 13, 2008, 10:01:58 pm »

I don't like this catagory, I would like to know how to eliminate it. I just want all albums and songs to be listed under the artists name. Examle: Album 5th Gear by Brad Paisley is listed under Multiple Artists. I would rather it just be listed under Brad Paisley. If anyone knows please reply. * I just figured it out, click on the album on the right, then go to Tag and just use the artists name instead of VARIES. Then it will be listed just under the artists name.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
Re: Multiple Artists
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:23:28 pm »

Hi !

I hate that too !

For kill "Multiple Artists", you have to adjust "Album Artist" as "Artist" ... It is big working !

(tu peux créer une "smartlist" sur le critère "Artist is Multiple Artists" et dans l'écran réponse de cete requète, tu affiches les colonnes "Artist", "Album Artist" et "Album Artist (auto)" : là tu reportes à la main le nom figurant dans la colonne "Artist" dans la colonne "Artist Album" !)

Bon courage...

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 03:01:32 am »

To understand and appreciate (Multiple Artists), you must first understand [Album Artist (Auto)].

Once you have that down pat, you'll see how good the system that MC uses really is. It does require that the tags are neat and precise, ie. no leading or trailing spaces etc. etc. and also that certain file system rules are followed.

Learn all about it in this old but still very relevant thread ---> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255.0

-marko.

damian_pentney

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 10:22:02 pm »

I've just be trying to troubleshoot an album that should have shown as "(Multiple Artists)" but didn't. Turns out there was a trailing space on the end of some the Album name fields (but not all). So it's very sensitive. I jusat renamed all and it fixed it pronto

I know this is an old thread, but it helped solve my problem , so thought I would add my 10cents in case it helps other

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 01:08:12 am »

Thanks for letting us know. It's always good to read that all our typing is not always in vain ;) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up