INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audioscrobbler plugin bug (?)  (Read 2378 times)

ok_aight

• Recent member
Audioscrobbler plugin bug (?)
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:52:08 pm »

I use Media Jukebox for a month and I must say that I like it because it fulfills my needs and it is sleek, clean and quite light for its category.

Nevertheless, a few days ago, I reinstalled from scratch the application (I even manually removed the J River Application Data folder and the user-dependent Regedit settings) and now I've noticed an odd bug(?) related to the last.fm plugin. Everything worked as expected before the reinstallation. I don't know the build number of the application but it is the version 12, downloaded a few days ago. No other softwares have been installed between the unintallation and the reinstallation process.

No track is submitted to last.fm unless the last.fm main 'screen' is focused (Services & Plug-ins->last.fm; the window that displays the list of the tracks submitted). By focused I mean currently displayed but the application can be minimised, visible or in full screen: it doesn't matter. If any other Media Jukebox 'screen' is in use (e.g. Playing Now, Audio, Start, etc) instead of the last.fm one, the song playing in the background IS NOT submitted to last.fm. The logs show that actually no track is queued up whereas all of them are played for more than 3 minutes.
This is not a problem specific to a track played (i.e. incompatible format, no tag, etc) because the sames tracks have been used as a test and are either submitted or not according to the situation described above.

An interesting note: all songs successfully queued are cleaned up from the last.fm window if one switches from the last.fm screen to another and back. If I remember correctly, this is not supposed to happen.

Thanks for your help troubleshooting this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audioscrobbler plugin bug (?)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:19:58 pm »

The problem you report is fixed in a newer build and should be available here, maybe tomorrow.

Welcome to Interact.

ok_aight

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:50:03 pm »

thanks a lot, for your prompt reply and for the fix! great

ok_aight

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 10:04:27 pm »

hello,
I do still have the issues I've described above, even with the rev. 12.0.37. I just wanted to know if you were able to reproduce those bugs(?) and if you plan to fix them in the short term. My next question is: I am really alone with this problem (among all last.fm users)?

Anyway, I felt in love with your player and I won't switch to any alternative product only because of this last.fm plugin :)
Keep the quality of your player at this high level!

Cheers

ok_aight

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 07:51:53 am »

I've reinstalled a previous version (12.0.34, the oldest build I was able to find on the FTP) and this last.fm-related problem remains.
It also appears I'm the only one affected by this kind of bug.
I use the Jukebox with a limited-user account so I thought that might be the problem. I've first tried to use it under the Administrator account and then I've allowed full access to the J. river directory to any user on the machine and used my current user account but neither manipulation helps.

Is anyone able to help me troubleshooting this? Or at least can you give me a clue onto what direction to search?

ok_aight

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:26:08 am »

ok, now last.fm works. Here's the modus operandi for those interested (there must not be many of them around according to the feedback received):
1) Uninstall the program (build 12.0.37)
2) Use CCleaner multiple times in order to clean up the Regedit orphan dependency mess left behind
3) Manually remove the 'JRiver' entry from the Regedit SOFTWARE node
4) Manually remove the "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\J River" directory
5) Reinstall the program
And voilą, the resolution process is quite mysterious but now the last.fm plugin works as expected.

bye
Pages: [1]   Go Up