INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3500 files under J River\Generic\Temp -- are these supposed to be there?  (Read 1206 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

A little while back I noticed a couple folders created under the "J River" folder of the "Docs and Settings" tree called "J River\Generic\Temp."  This "Temp" folder contains over 3500 files called, for example, "AA Decompressed Cover Art (temp) - 3904.jpg," with different numbers at the end of the file.   I do not have a file for every number -- i.e. it jumps from "2744" to "2872."  What seems like it may be an error is that for each of these files, I have hundreds of "duplicates" that are appended with (1), (2), etc. -- i.e. I have 219 versions of the filename above going up to "AA Decompressed Cover Art (temp) - 3904(218).jpg."

It "feels" like these files may be due to a glitch, so I wanted to ask about them.  Are these files supposed to be there?  Why has MC created so many appended duplicates?

Thanks,

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Delete them.  If they come back, please report.

All temporary files _should_ be inside [Application Data]\J River\Media Center 12\Temp
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team

Delete them.  If they come back, please report.

All temporary files _should_ be inside [Application Data]\J River\Media Center 12\Temp

Thanks Matt.  Just to clarify, you're saying I should delete both the "Generic" and "Temp" folders, correct (i.e. not just the files)?

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team

Could someone possibly clarify this for me -- do I delete the files, or the "Generic\Temp" folder, or both the "Temp" AND "Generic" folders?

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up