INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IS MC12 for M? (DVD ripping, PS3 playback, Blu-ray?)  (Read 1174 times)

khaos100

• Junior Woodchuck
IS MC12 for M? (DVD ripping, PS3 playback, Blu-ray?)
« on: June 23, 2008, 02:50:39 pm »

I've checked out the FAQ and searched for Playstation 3.

I currently use Media Jukebox.  I purchased it a long time ago and upgraded to the now free version.  I love the software and because if that I'm back checking out MC 12.

Previously all I cared about was a DB and player for my music collection.  Media Jukebox worked like a charm.  Using other media did not interest me.  I had other programs to deal with my photography and I used Replay TVs and not Tivo that had some very good software like DV Archive, so MC did not interest me.

Now that I have a PS3, I'm looking for a solution to rip my DVDs and BluRays and be able to stream them to the PS3.  While I'm there I might as well do music and photos to.

So here's what I want:

1. Be able to rip all my DVDs and BluRays to a central area and have them in a DB and ready to stream to the PS3.

2. Be able to import all my photographs and stream to the PS3. 

3. Be able to stream music to the PS3.

Questions based on the above:

1. I know you can't condone ripping protected DVDs, but who uses what to do so and does anyone have a way to rip BluRays?

2. I currently save all my photos as tiffs but I have a flickr and smug mug accounts which I uploaded jpegs. Are there interfaces to be able to access the web and use these?

Other Question:

1. Is MC 12 working well with the PS3 yet?  I know PS3 can work with WMP 11, so it should be able to work with MC 12, right, or is there a DRM problem?

2. So, is MC 12 for me, or should I look at something else that will do what I want in interfacing with the PS3?
Pages: [1]   Go Up