INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cover Art System  (Read 22370 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: New Cover Art System
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:03 pm »

Doing a search for "Rob Lane & Joseph Vitarelli - John Adams" comes back with a ton of results, only one of which is correct (the image I just uploaded). This album hasn't even been released yet, so I didn't really expect to find anything. I only checked it to see if the image I used had uploaded.

I'm confused. There is no 'Rob Lane', no 'Rob Lane & Joseph Vitarelli', and the only Vitarelli is 'Joseph Vitarelli' by himself.
But he doesn't have have an album called John Adams, and in fact the album he does have is without cover art.

Could you double check?

j

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2008, 01:19:27 pm »

I'm confused. There is no 'Rob Lane', no 'Rob Lane & Joseph Vitarelli', and the only Vitarelli is 'Joseph Vitarelli' by himself.
But he doesn't have have an album called John Adams, and in fact the album he does have is without cover art.

Could you double check?

j

Just tried it again and got the same result. It takes a really long time before it returns any results, presumably because of the sheer number of images being returned. I started counting but gave up when I hit 100 and the scrollbar wasn't even 1/4 of the way down.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2008, 02:48:15 pm »

I've had a few lookups today return tons of wrong entries for one album too...  should we list such occurrences here ?

Mark

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2008, 03:32:48 pm »

Thanks Doof - that helps a lot, explains a lot. There's a bug somewhere, I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Mark - post a couple if you don't mind.

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2008, 06:01:53 pm »

Should be fixed now -- j

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2008, 06:54:48 pm »

Should be fixed now -- j

Confirmed. :)

Was it just some weird entry in the database or an actual bug?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2008, 07:20:11 pm »

It was a bug introduced when I shut off the fuzzy matching yesterday... -- j

MusicHawk

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2008, 08:04:03 pm »

Can the Get Cover Art dialog have a "Remove Cover Art" button that actually deletes the current Your Library image and the image link from the current album/tracks?

Reason: The system is a way to find new cover images, but ALSO to clean up existing bad images. In my library, prior automated lookups added wrong images to various tracks. The new system is helpfully showing them to me (hadn't noticed before, big library). But sometimes a correct image isn't found, so the desired action is to remove the bad cover art track(s) album that is being viewed in the Get Cover Art dialog. But how? It just needs the same Remove Cover Art button/function that is available elsewhere.

(Otherwise, I need to write down track details, exit the Get Cover Art system, then go find and edit the various tracks.)
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

raldo

« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2008, 10:00:06 am »

What about all those images with the text "No Image Available - Share your own customer image" will they be voted out?!

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2008, 10:43:33 am »

What about all those images with the text "No Image Available - Share your own customer image" will they be voted out?!

Yes they will. It's not an instantaneous process. It'll take about a while before bad art starts disappearing.

But, the bad images should already be appearing at the bottom of the list (having few votes).

j

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008, 10:54:00 am »

You know, it would be nice if "Get From Internet" actually got images from the internet, rather than from your servers.  It is sad when I have to use another application or even Google to get some art.

Jason

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2008, 11:02:19 am »

You know, it would be nice if "Get From Internet" actually got images from the internet, rather than from your servers.  It is sad when I have to use another application or even Google to get some art.

Jason

Right Click->Send To (external)->Add/edit programs

Create an entry:

Name: Image Search
Program: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Parameters: images.google.com//images?q="\"[artist]\" \"[album]\""&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi images.search.yahoo.com//search//images;_ylt=A0geu.zhLMRGCHcBV7FXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&p="\"[artist]\" \"[album]\""

ok

Now you can send a track to this routine and it will pop up a firefox window with searches aimed at google images and yahoo images.  Once you've used it once it will be in your right click list...

Now leave the new wonderful art system alone! :p :D

Mark

PS I would like to see "Get From Internet" changed to something more useful as I requested earlier in the thread.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2008, 11:12:22 am »

... it would be nice if "Get From Internet" actually got images from the internet, rather than from your servers.  It is sad when I have to use another application or even Google to get some art.
Are  you using one of the latest builds?  12.0.476 is at the top of the MC12 board. 

"Get from Internet" is a legacy term.  It probably won't change, but we have plans to add to the feature.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2008, 06:53:02 am »

Right Click->Send To (external)->Add/edit programs

Create an entry:

Name: Image Search
Program: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Parameters: images.google.com//images?q="\"[artist]\" \"[album]\""&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi images.search.yahoo.com//search//images;_ylt=A0geu.zhLMRGCHcBV7FXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&p="\"[artist]\" \"[album]\""

Nice one Mark, great idea.

Ross

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2008, 09:44:09 am »

Anyway we could see the full size image when we hover over the left hand side Image box in the navigation tree (eg the same way we see the full size image in the cover art system)?  This would enable us to quickly decide whether or not to look up new cover art in the cover art system, saving us time and the server unnecessary hits...

Thanks,

Mark
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up