INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playing now in Theater View. unexpected behaviour.  (Read 2545 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
playing now in Theater View. unexpected behaviour.
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:45:15 am »

i listen to some songs with playing now in thv open for a while.

i stop playback.

the icon of what was playing remains where i left of.

now when i want to continue listening and i hit play (ctrl P or media key on keyboard or mcc command):

it starts to play some song far back in the list.

i do understand why this happens, but imo it should just go on playing where it left of, just like it does in standard view.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: playing now in Theater View. unexpected behaviour.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:45:27 am »

The play command gets handled specially in Theater View.  It plays whatever is selected.  This is true in Audio, Images, Playing Now, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:52:58 am »

The play command gets handled specially in Theater View.  It plays whatever is selected.  This is true in Audio, Images, Playing Now, etc.

yes, i understand that. the problem with playing now is that the file that is selected can be far of screen. the result in playing now is not what you would expect.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 12:58:07 pm »

i'm still unsure about why this is the desired behaviour, but for those interested i found a solution. using girder is send mcc 22001,2 to mc after the stop command. works.

:)
gappie

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 05:52:05 am »

Glad someone else brought this one up. I'm about 3/4 through building my first HTPC and now testing Theater View a bit more intensively. Because I'm using my low-res tv as display, theater view is the only visually acceptable option.

I would also expect playback to contine where it left off. Maybe I'm thinking too analog here, but that's kinda normal player behaviour isn't it? Why on earth would anyone want it to go back to the selected file - if they did, they could just navigate back there couldn't they? As Theater View is inevitably the one most folk will use for a HTPC, user friendliness is critical, especially for those like me who have the rest of the family using it.

BTW, I've now tested several other flavours of HTPC Media suites and while the others score points here and there, MC still comes out on top. I still can't help feeling that Theater View is a bit neglected though - possibly because the rest of MC is so darn good ;-)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 06:08:57 am »

I still can't help feeling that Theater View is a bit neglected though

It might be worthwhile giving some examples of what you mean... maybe start a new thread.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 06:21:29 am »

It might be worthwhile giving some examples of what you mean

Yep. When I've done a bit more testing and convinced myself that I've not just lost the plot somewhere, I'll report back. One issue I have is not being able to switch back to full screen view of visualisations from some levels of the menu when navigating audio files - but yeah, it's pretty useless moaning on until I can be more precise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up