INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting/Importing Playlists From A Creative Nomad Jukebox 3  (Read 5503 times)

PDerryberry

• Recent member

For a test, I created a playlist under 'Smartlists' and exported it to one of my players. But when I look on the player under PLAYLISTS it is nowhere to be seen. Also, I have other players that have playlists that I would like to 'import' to the library and 'export' to this player. Any ideas what I missed in the process? Thanks.

NoBS

• Recent member
Re: Exporting/Importing Playlists From A Creative Nomad Jukebox 3
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:08:37 pm »

Are you sure your Nomad Jukebox 3 is not useable due to propriety Creative drivers?
Been a few years, but my JB3 was NOT MTP or even shows up as a mass storage drive the last time I check on the FW.
You can only see the player because of a needed driver or hacked SW (Notmad).
Last I heard, creative has long stopped supporting THEIR own propriety drivers supporting THEIR out dated (read: 17K MAX file) disk format.
The old ZEN XTRA also used this same propriety disk format but the last FirmWare made it MTP compatible (read: fake, but kind of worked... SLOW) at the cost of SQ, stability and increased boot/lag on the player. To add salt to the wound, the Zen XTRA's FW is NOT reversable or a quasi UMS device.

Owned both and found Creative's lack of support sad...
What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.

PDerryberry

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:17:54 pm »

The file transfer works fine to the Nomad Jukebox 3 with the last driver that Creative provided. If you think Creative support is bad, try RedChair (Notmad) support (non-existent - nobody ever at home). I am hoping that this software will replace my need for Notmad so I can quit fooling with them. The only missing piece is copying playlists to the player and backing them up somehow. 

NoBS

• Recent member
Re: JBDrvWHQL_1_20_04c
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:37:47 am »

.exe was the last driver from back '04, and the last firmware still needed this driver.
This was in 2006 last I checked, and the SDK was no longer avalible even at at pitence of $5K due to end of life extorsion.
AFAIK, Creative was dragging their asre on JB3 back in '05 when it was still a decent Player.
I got burnt on the Zen XTRA down grade, have not looked back.

While the SQ on the JB3 was the best in class and the line out was an industry 1st for the quality out put, what good is the HDW with lousy support?
Droped a 120 GB drive in both the JB3 and Zen XTRA and thanks to sub-standard support on a closed and lock proriety design the 17K file limits was possible with massive file name and tag editing.

Good luck getting it to work with non propriety SW, they locked the HDW for a reason. YMMV

PS, Registered w/Redchair November 30th, 1999 Notmad Explorer.
The issue is not the 3rd party SW, but what Creative pulled on those who depended (read: PAID) on Creativelab's "LACK" of support for the SDK.

Notmad is only as good as the Creative supplied driver which is needed in order to "work fine".
I respectfully disagree with your opinon of "fine" and "works".
Disrespectful is the best I could come up with in a family oriented forum  ;)
What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.

PDerryberry

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 11:59:17 am »

When I say "fine" and "works" I meant that it moves the mp3s and the id tags to my Jukebox 3 without any problems - which is all that I was testing at this point. I have been a registered Notmad user since 2003 and I am very weary of RedChair's 'no response' to numerous e-mails that I have sent them over the years to every address I can find, directly, through their website, etc.  I am currently on e-mail number 5 (two months) sent to them for the latest problem with registration - with no response up to this point. Activation of new devices is RedChair's  'gig'  (i.e., entry into the Windows registry is required) I believe, not anything to do with Creative and their lack of support since Media Jukebox and Windows Media Player recognizes new ones without it. All I would like from RedChair is a simple, timely response - not the 'cone of silence' to borrow a phrase. And I am not the first one to voice this complaint about RedChair - easy enough to Google and see that. So if you know of a human within RedChair that actually responds to customers, please pass along their name and addy to me. No flame intended, and none taken. After all I am just looking for is a solution to the playlists situation in Media Jukebox for my Nomad 3s - that's about it. YMMV.

NoBS

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 12:38:02 pm »

I should not even have mentioned Redchair, but...
Redchair for me was a stop gap solution for either Creative to get their head out of their arse, or for me to move on...
At $15 for 5 devices, it really was just a temp fix.
I'm really sorry that your dependent on 3rd party SW to get HDW supported.
You don't see the irony of not placing some of the blame on the original manufacturer?

I heard about the lack of support from Redchair. Stared around '05 I think.
That sucks, but they were really where good when they had no competition, DBpowerAMP any one?
I got my monies worth and moved on...
Should JRiver pull the same stunt then moving on is a possible option, but I would still have a soft spot for the JR team  ;D
What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.

PDerryberry

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 01:13:24 pm »

Since I have about 12 Jukebox 3s and am really happy with them as an mp3 player for my application, I'm still looking for a solution to the playlist deal. I've been in software development for 37 years and have yet to find any software/hardware company that does not have large piles of 'blame' that can laid at their feet. After a while, I realized that fussing at folks that don't really care wastes a lot of energy so I move on and try to find another solution. RedChair works good enough for the JB3 as long as you don't have any problems with their software. I've got an activation problem, they are not responsive, so I'm looking for something else. I've found that WMP 11 does not recognize the Jukebox 3 driver and MS makes it hard to 'roll back' to previous versions that do. So Media Jukebox is my option at this point when I can find a solution to the playlist situation. Just chucking my hardware is not something I care to do at this point, so I'll find a solution one way or the other. If I had the tools and the internals, I'd be glad to develop the proper firmware for the JB3 and the necessary drivers and solve my own problems as I did for various digital cameras when I got fed up with the picture handling software provided.  ;)

PDerryberry

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 02:41:18 pm »

After researching all of the Nomad posts, it appears that Media Jukebox 12 and the New Media Center does not support playlists on my JB3s after release 11.1. I understand that the 'official' policy is that MC 10 is not for sale any more, but I would gladly pay the $39.99 (and let it be unsupported) for it to be able to manage my playlists on my JB3s. Is there a corporate type person reading this anywhere that we can chat? ;-)

NoBS

• Recent member
What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.

PDerryberry

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 09:39:43 pm »

NOBS - The download for Media 10 only allows a 30 day 'trial' so I'm looking for a solution to that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up