INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Support  (Read 1176 times)

maryjos

• Recent member
Remote Support
« on: March 28, 2008, 01:40:38 pm »

I just got a set of the new Z Cinema speakers from Logitech, they come with a Windows Media Center remote that works over IR, speakers hook up through USB. Really high end set of 2.1 speakers that are likely to be getting a lot of interest. Any chance of getting a plugin to use the remote with J River Media Center?

maryjos

• Recent member
Re: Remote Support
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 02:22:58 am »

Never mind! Got it configured, the speakers and remote work beautifully with MC, so glad to not be stuck with the Windows version.  ;D

tolisn

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 06:12:24 am »

Hi.

How did you get the remote to work and is the remote a standard windows MCE remote control.
Do you care to post a picture of it. I am search for a remote and I cannot seems to decide on one.
Thanks

maryjos

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:07:11 pm »

It's actually a full speaker set (2.1 with simulated surround sound) that has integrated IR and an included media remote. You can see the speaker set and my review here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011FQURK

There wasn't much to getting it to work, once I found the place in the software to configure the application it would use and switched it to use MC instead of WMC. So far I've been pretty pleased with it but I can't seem to figure out how to get MC to properly play DVDs, the audio playback doesn't work. I don't have the same problem with audio CDs, and have tried a variety of DVD playback settings to no avail. So I generally have to go over to WMC to watch DVDs instead which is kind of annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up