INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PDA Version?  (Read 670 times)

Mike Noe

PDA Version?
« on: August 03, 2002, 01:21:52 pm »

Just curious, any thoughts on a PDA version, not for streaming, but for controlling, kind of like the web remote plug in?  Or how about a beefed up web remote plug-in?  I'm assuming there's a COM|PLS| interface (ass of me?), seems like it would be an "easy" addition to v9.  I'd be more than happy to beta test!

I can't tell you how cool it is to be out in the backyard controlling the music "system" with the PDA. Being able to access playlists without using Terminal Services would be especially nice.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:PDA Version?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2002, 01:33:09 pm »

Glad you like it.  Thanks for your purchase.

If your PDA has a browser, you can control a remote machine now by using web remote.  I assume you mean Palm OS.

Also, take a look at the developer's page.

It's unlikely we will do a Palm version anytime soon.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Mike Noe

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2002, 03:29:48 pm »

Jim:
I should have been more clear...I'm using the Toshiba e740 (PPC2002) and have the webremote already running very nicely.  I guess I'm hoping for enhancements to the web remote to give more options for playlists and such.
-Mike

Listening to: 'No Quarter' from 'Houses Of The Holy' by 'Led Zeppelin' on Media Jukebox

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 03:43:49 pm »

Hi Mike,
I have the same Pocket PC/Win CE device.  Web Remote was just a demo project for us.  Matt wrote it to show the capability of our interface SDK.  It has been extended nicely by two other outside developers, who are working on Glissando and Netremote.

More is coming.  Stay tuned.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up