INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging and Lyrics Question for the masters......  (Read 1018 times)

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
Tagging and Lyrics Question for the masters......
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:52:02 pm »

So, I am in the middle of a large project.   I have a few thousand CDs that I have been slowly ripping to FLAC, while at the same time using a spreadsheet to ensure I have the complete list of the Rolling Stone Top 500 Albums of Rock and Roll.  Any that I do not own, I am slowly acquiring.

When I do this, I make sure to have clean tags for artist, album, titles, and then I add good quality album art.

As I have now been playing around with both "Track Info" plugins to display this collection the way I want and investigating things like NAS devices and squeezeboxes, I have begun to think I might want to add some lyrics/bios/notes to these files.

I have used before - and am quite impressed with - both Doof's Lyrics Editor and Sparta's Data Master.

A few questions for you experts or anyone else who can help:

1) Is it just me, or are the tooltips in the Lyrics editor plug-in screwed up?  They appear to be "skinned" and unreadable.
2) Sparta mentions adding the chartdata field for Data Master... What format is this field?  List? Simple text? Large Format?
3) I have my list of the RS 500 albums.... I do not have all the albums yet, but I could gather and clean up all the metadata/lyrics, etc. ahead of time when I have time on my hands.  Does anyone know of a good way to "import" this data out of something like a spreadsheet into the files once they are available?

Thanks for all the work you have done in putting these tools together, and any help you can offer.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tagging and Lyrics Question for the masters......
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:26:15 pm »

2) Sparta mentions adding the chartdata field for Data Master... What format is this field?  List? Simple text? Large Format?

Text
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
Re: Tagging and Lyrics Question for the masters......
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:44:03 pm »

Thanks for the response King....and I saw that Doof is aware of the tooltips issue in the plug-in forum....

So do any of you crafty folks out there have any ideas for my last question?

3) I have my list of the RS 500 albums.... I do not have all the albums yet, but I could gather and clean up all the metadata/lyrics, etc. ahead of time when I have time on my hands.  Does anyone know of a good way to "import" this data out of something like a spreadsheet into the files once they are available?

Any thoughts on a tool/plug-in/script or other way of taking a batch of Lyrics/bios I have assembled and cleaned up offline and adding them to the files in some sort of automated fashion?  I'd rather not do it a track at a time for this many albums.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up