INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag cloud  (Read 1323 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Tag cloud
« on: April 04, 2008, 06:25:29 pm »

There is a nice view in Songbird called "Tag cloud". It shows you your genres, artists or albums with the more popular items at larger font sizes and the lesser popular ones at smaller sizes. It's quite a nice way to browse, but crippled by the fact that double clicking on a genre doesnt take you anywhere.

MC could implement this nicely. It would essentially be just another "Library view" but instead of a grid of album art, it would be a list of genres and by double clicking on it you would be taken to the next level (ie. artists).

I'm sure MC could add some more power to it to by letting us customize the rules for deciding "popular". There could be a little drop down menu with  a list of tags that we can use to set how the size of items is evaluated. Personally I'd use my [album rating] tag or maybe [number of plays].

Vulcan

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Tag cloud
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 06:32:05 pm »

I really like this idea.  If it could be linked to my last.fm data as well, I'd lit even more.
see: http://anthony.liekens.net/pub/scripts/last.fm/recommend.php?user=kelchm&type=overall

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 08:33:51 pm »

I love this idea.  I'd be thrilled to see a field cloud implemented in MC12.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 11:26:56 pm »

A screen grab would make this a lot easier to understand!

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 06:45:27 am »

Good point.

The following is a basic tag cloud.

According to the ever useful Wikipedia, a tag cloud is "a visual depiction of user-generated tags used typically to describe the content of web sites. Tags are usually single words and are typically listed alphabetically, and the importance of a tag is shown with font size or color."

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 07:32:30 am »

I'm pretty sure you could do that with Messiah's trackinfo plugin. It's quite easy as soon as you can query the library for tags and their weight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up