INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone tried the Hauppauge HVR-4000 ?  (Read 2648 times)

Araj

• World Citizen
Anyone tried the Hauppauge HVR-4000 ?
« on: April 08, 2008, 06:43:55 am »

Anyone tried the newish Hauppauge HVR-4000 Quad Tuner (HD digital satellite, DVB-S, freeview digital terrestrial & analogue)?

I'd be interested to hear any experiences or tips when used with MC. Ridiculous I know, but it hadn't occured to me that there might be compatability issues - doh!

Well, I'll be trying it soon anyway so I'll report back. I hope I won't be forced by incompatibility to use the bundled Cyberlink Power Cinema.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Anyone tried the Hauppauge HVR-4000 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:55:02 am »

DVB-S and DVB-C are not supported (yet). Terrestrial and analog should be OK. Let us know if you have problems. We will help you with them.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Araj

• World Citizen
Re: Anyone tried the Hauppauge HVR-4000 ?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:17:13 am »

Hmmm. Not good. I'm in Switzerland. The few analogue stations recently went off air and I have no cable. The only stations available to me are DVB-T and Satellite. DVB-T I have only 4 stations, so satellite is absolutely critical.

Looks like as far as I'm concerned, MC is a washout as a total HT solution. A shame as the Hauppauge's quad tuner card more or less covers all TV reception options so it would be a great card to support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up