INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist - Find/Exlude duplicates where atleast one has been rated (both ways)  (Read 1836 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.

Hi All!

I have been trying to figure out how to make two smartlists, but i am having problems with how to make a logical "intersect" in a smartlist. They smartlist would be as follows:

1. Select all songs, remove duplicates (artist, name), and all songs that have a duplicate which have been rated.

2. Select all duplicates (artist, name) where one of them have a rating.

I would like to use #1 for playlist at work. I am trying to rate all songs in my library, but a lot of them are duplicates represented on multiple discs.

#2 i would evaluate if i might use it to rate larger quantas at the same time. By limiting it to a rating, and selecting all song (even duplicate without rating), i would be able to rate a lot of my music at once...

Anyone made a smartlist like this, or have a suggestion on how to intersect all rated song with all song of same name and artist?
in db pseudo:
SELECT artist, name WHERE rating != 0
INTERSECT
SELECT artist, name
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

You could create smartlist one and smartlist two independently.

Then create a smartlist number three that simply includes one and two as a playlist rule.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.

Thank you for trying, Matt.

Ok, let's say i want to create the list of all rated songs which has dupes, with all it's dupes.

But how can i combine two playlist, and intersect them on artist and name? To intersect them, I mean selecting all songs which has artist and name in both playlists.

Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.

I am still trying to figure out how to solve this. Anyone got any smarter since the last time ;)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I've taken a slightly different approach.  I added a tag to my library - DUPLICATE - then created a smartlist which pulls up all tracks which are duplicates and I flag all duplicates leaving one unflagged track... all my other smartlists then ignore all tracks flagged as duplicates and so I only ever play the unflagged file...

Part of my import workflow is to check for duplicates so that I keep my library clean.

Mark

eba

• Galactic Citizen

If I correctly understand what you're trying to do, for the second smartlist you could:

Create a smartlist:
Only Duplicates of Artist, Name
Remove Duplicates of Artist, Name, Rating
Only Duplicates of Artist, Name

This gives two of all songs with duplicates that are rated differently.
You could then mark all of these in another field, then change the smartlist's middle line to look at this field instead of Rating.  Repeat until the smartlist shows no songs, then create a smartlist to show all marked songs.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.

So are you saying that I would need to manually maintain that field? Or could it be a field expression?

eba

• Galactic Citizen

It would have to be manually maintained...
I was assuming that this was something that you'd only want to do once in a blue moon when you've got a lot of new unrated duplicates in your library.
Then it's just a case of going to smartlist, select all files, put something in field, refresh, select all files, put something in field, refresh...

You could use several smartlists, each one looking at the previous, so that you could get all of them in one, although the number of duplicates for each file would be limited by the number of smartlists.  e.g. the 3rd smartlist would pick up to 3 unrated duplicates.

I don't think there's a way of saying 'all duplicates of the files in this playlist'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up