INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Never ending "Saving Tag Changes"  (Read 1227 times)

dagel

• nothing more to say...
Never ending "Saving Tag Changes"
« on: April 13, 2008, 09:49:31 pm »

I just updated to the latest version of Media Center 12 tonight -- this was the version identified by the automated version checker built into MC12.  Upon opening MC12, only using it a short while to play several songs, and then closing it, I got a dialog saying "Saving Tag Changes".  It started at over a 1000 tag change remaining and has been s l o w l y making changes, at about a rate of once every 10 seconds. 

I am unable to relaunch Media Center while this dialog is active to doublecheck the precise MC12 revision number.   

I have noted this behavior in the past few months when closing MC12 after uploading new mp3s.  It slowly saves tag changes for every single mp3 file. 

I am using the latest version of Windows XP. 

Please advise of any workarounds to stop this behavior -- for example are there any configurations I need to make? 

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Never ending "Saving Tag Changes"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:16:22 am »

Under Options/General, take a look at Metadata.  MC can automatically find cover art now.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:48:09 am »

I also had this trouble over the weekend… I actually was doing a lot of tagging work, but closed MC and watched the count decrease s..l..o..w..l..y… I thought it was because I was working over my LAN – it was my first time using a shared library (I used to do a remote-connection).

dagel

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:46:03 pm »

Thanks for the info... I tried unchecking the auto find cover art under meta data but the problem still exists... tonight I downloaded a load of mp3s from emusic, then updated each file's tag with revised genres, artist names, etc.  Upon closing the same symptom occured -- a slow progression of saving tag changes and the inability to reopen Media Center. 

Further guidance appreciated...

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up