INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD 5G Lockups/Freezes: Anyone Else?  (Read 1295 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
IPOD 5G Lockups/Freezes: Anyone Else?
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:10:42 am »

I can't say for sure what the problem is since I have changed many things on my IPOD 5G in the last week.

I got the white screen of death about the same time I was upgrading to MC 473 and using ITunes to update the firmware to 3.??. I know this LCD failure is unrelated to any of the updates but I put a new LCD in the unit completely whipped the drive and reloaded my audio, images and videos with MC473.

I never had a problem before with my PC overheating when transferring to the IPOD but it shut down 3 times during the IPOD update due to overheating. I have a dualcore Intell 4300 with a Gig of memory and it pegged my CPU at 100%. So, I blew all the dust out of the PC and cleaned the fans and it still over heated. So, I set my temp shut down to 60c from 55c, no shut downs now but it runs in the 56-58c range. CPU is only rated for 61c. I still had the CPU pegging at 100% so I changed the simultaneus conversions to one instead of two. Now the CPU runs at about 60% but it is still running very hot in the 54c range.

Finally got my files to transfer without the PC shutting down but now I am getting lockups/freezes on Audio and Video playback on the IPOD. Some files play some of the time and other times the ones I just played lockup before they play or when I try to exit.

Anyway, it took me about 6hrs to do the transfers so before I reformat and start over I just wanted to see if someone else has done the updates and had no problems on a 5G. I am thinking the PC shutting down during transferr somehow currupted the IPOD DB or I didn't get it back together correctly replacing the LCD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up