INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP 3 Pro Windows Media 8  (Read 598 times)

Bob Parks

MP 3 Pro Windows Media 8
« on: August 02, 2002, 01:00:26 pm »

Supposedly MP3 Pro and Windows Media 8 at 64K are comparable to 128K MP3s. Matt told me that WMA doesn't save tags so certain tunes will need to be converted.

What setting is equal to the above and will retain info entered into "Notes"?

traveler

• Recent member
  • Systems Engineer
RE:MP 3 Pro Windows Media 8
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 01:57:58 pm »

Bob,

I pretty much use wma 8 exclusively, albeit at 128kbps. Can you elaborate on the "doesn't save tags" bit. I'm modifying my id3v2 tags all the time as I organize my info for download to my Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox 3.

traveler

Bob Parks

RE:MP 3 Pro Windows Media 8
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 04:02:52 pm »

Great question. Now I am confused. Earlier today when I made an entry in "Notes" in the properties section it DID NOT SAVE. Matt at JRiver said that was normal but now I see some WMA files where the entry is the "Note" field is there. Life is too confusing.
================================================
It's a "tag only" field, so it can only be retained for file types that support it. (APE, MP3, OGG -- not WAV, CDA, etc.) Also, make sure ID3v2 tagging is on for your mp3's in Plugin Manager.
Take care.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.

===================================================

gvag 08-02-2002 03:38:00 P.M.

Also, it can be a bit confusing. After you enter information in the Notes field the Notes dialog prompts you to save or Cancel the entry, but you still need to Save/Update the tags for the selected files to make the changes stick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up