INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody with a full Girder definition file for MC? Or at least a little help?  (Read 1115 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

I found out that my old file was missing a lot of the commands I need for video playback, and also not all of the commands worked as I expected. Like this:
Code: [Select]
WindowHandle = win.FindWindow ("MJFrame",nil)
result = win.PostMessage ( WindowHandle, 33768, 10001, 16777216)
It sort of works, the part with getting the window handle and posting the message is OK, but the problem is that if the video is paused, it will first stop the video and then restart playback. I didn't expect a command called MCC_PLAY to do that. Also I can't get the command MCC_SET_PAUSE to work, probably because I don't fully understand what to do with the BOOL bPause (-1 toggles) part. This doesn't work:
Code: [Select]
WindowHandle = win.FindWindow ("MJFrame",nil)
result = win.PostMessage ( WindowHandle, 33768, 10000, 16777216)
What should I do to get it working? Thanks in advance!
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

carbo

• World Citizen

Personally I use Girder (4.0) to emulate keyboard.
This way I'm doing PLAY/PAUSE by sending Ctrl+P to the MC window and it's working fine.

But I only use basic commands: Play, next,previous, fast forward, fast rewind and the ratings.
If you want to send more complex commands maybe this method won't be enough.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

I have one pretty well done for Girder 4... Search the Third Party board and you should find a download.  The posted one is a bit old, but still works fine.

It uses Windows Messages to send all of the commands directly (better performance than keyboard emulation and doesn't affect other apps).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

carbo, that doesn't work. I need discrete play and pause, which those two commands should give me.

Glynor, thanks! I'll have a look at that!
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up