INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding Correct settings to display mpg file ?  (Read 1429 times)

helpme

Finding Correct settings to display mpg file ?
« on: April 19, 2008, 06:18:28 pm »

Hi,

I'm having trouble playing some mpg files in MC12

I've installed the CCCP codec pack and this helped with the playback of some files but not others.

I am able to play the files in the media player classic that comes with CCCP but in MC12 it just reports that it is unable to find a set of matching filters to play the file.

Can anybody help me with finding out what filters media player classic is using and setting these in MC12 ?

Thanks
Stephen

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Finding Correct settings to display mpg file ?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 06:26:36 pm »

Did you try the Wiki entry on DirectShow?  There's a link to the Wiki above and the topic is on the Main Index there.

helpme

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 07:24:23 pm »

Jim,

Yes, without much sucess.

The articles are very good but did not help solve the problem.

I followed the link through to the CCCP troubleshooting guide and this had a few pointers which also led nowhere.

The article asked me to play the file in MPC and not the entries under the "Filters " tab after right clicking while playing the file.

Unfortunatly this just listed the same set of entries as for files that did play correctly.

I tried downloading and running GSPOT which told me MPEG-2 filters were not installed. (both for files I could play and those that failed.)  I  also downloaded and ran graphedit and this failed to render or produce a graph for the files I can't play.

I have also tried pgrading Windows media player to version 11 and also updating directX

The end result is that I can play all the files in media player classic from the CCCP distribution but can't play some of the (lower quality files from the net) in any other player.

I can play these files on another computer that I usualy use for Media Centre but have been unable to get them to play on this notebook even if I try and make the MC settings the same on both machines.

It seems to require a level of knowledge that is beyond me.

Thanks,
Stephen

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 07:34:35 pm »

Thanks for the details.  Can you play them in WMP?  The same DirectShow filters will work in MC.

helpme

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 07:43:16 pm »

No,

WMP also fails. I Get the error message 80040218   -   No combination of filters could be found to render the stream

The files are all lower quality rips that I have downloaded.

Files that I have ripped or created are OK.

Stephen

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 08:11:06 pm »

The article asked me to play the file in MPC and not the entries under the "Filters " tab after right clicking while playing the file.

Unfortunatly this just listed the same set of entries as for files that did play correctly.

If MPC plays the file, and you found the list of filters in it, you can tell MC to use the same set of filters.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up