INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRtools problem in 12.0.481  (Read 1109 times)

Stargazer

• Junior Woodchuck
JRtools problem in 12.0.481
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:58:28 am »

Hello.... I don't know what is going on with this version but 'JRtools.dll' is causing issues with my Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit system. MC hangs when doing just about any thing, including searching in Help.

After I kill the task, the startup disabl box comes up and even with the three item check MC crashes without even opening up first.  I enabled logging, but no crash details are being logged.   

I've un-installed, re-installed, deleeted the JRiver directory before reinstall. Rebooted between uninstalling an reinstalling.  Vista is logging the fault module as 'JRtools.dll' every time, without exception. 

I went back to 470, and it seems to be working ok.   

I would be happy to troubleshoot this, if i can have both versions installed at the same time.

Is this possible without having conflicts?

Doug

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
Re: JRtools problem in 12.0.481
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:26:39 pm »

I'm seeing the same thing after an audio analysis crash......

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 01:51:31 pm »

I have seen the same problem severel times with the last couple of builds. I am also running Vista 32-bit.

It occured the first time for me with build 476. At that time installing the previous build fixed the problem.

I upgraded to build 481 yesterday and everything seemed ok until today, when MC crashed during video playback. After that, MC would crash everytime, no matter how the disable box during start up was configured.

This time an uninstall followed by reinstall of build 481 was the only way to get MC up and running again. I will try to get a log with the next crash.

TLS

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 01:56:54 pm »

I am running XP... so I don't think this is Vista specific.
Pages: [1]   Go Up