INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View only on TV?  (Read 1153 times)

Greg Olsen

Theater View only on TV?
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:33:35 pm »

Hi,
I've searched for ages for this feature, but I can't seem to find it..............
I want to have Theater View on my TV, and MC minimised to my system tray. Is this possible?
I can get it to work displaying video on my TV, and MC minimised, but when I try to do the same thing with Theater view, the Theater comes up on my PC as well.

The reason for this is that I have a PC in the study, and I control MC with an X10 remote, so I have no reson to be near my computer, and would just like to see it minimised to the system tray (this means that my wife can do her assignments on the computer, and I can watch Seinfeld!)

Cheers,
Greg

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View only on TV?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:18:44 am »

You can drag Media Center to your second monitor and then switch to Theater View.  Or right-click the display and pick "Display Settings..." to force a monitor.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

chris_barnard@hotmail.com

Re: 24bit wav files
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 02:36:18 am »

Thanks JimH,

The DirectShow was the problem, now upgraded to .487 and playing fine again

Thanks

Chris

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: 24bit wav files
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 04:46:06 am »

Chris posted the following question in the 12.0.475 release thread:

Quote from: chris_barnard@hotmail.com on April 13, 2008, 01:52:31 AM
I have been using MC for a few years now as it not only had all the functions I wanted but the bonus for me was that it would play my 24bit 192k wav files which I create from my Vinyl collection.
Sadly upgrading from 450 to the latest 471 now plays those files at half speed   
Does anyone know what happened??? can we fix it.
I have had to uninstall and go back to an older version 233 which works, so I would appreciate your help.

My reply was this:
192 kHz works for me. I tried some 24/192 WAV and FLAC test samples.

Most likely the new build used the Direct Show decoding option and the DS filters in your system were unable to handle 192 kHz correctly.

Disable the following setting if it is enabled:
Tools > Options > Playback > Video > DirectShow Playback Options > DirecShow Filters > File Types > wav

You may have had it enabled for a long time, but I think the setting wasn't really doing anything until it was fixed a few builds ago.

I wonder what is the default setting. In my opinion it should be disabled since MC has its own decoder for standard PCM wave files.

(Maybe an admin could move Chris' and my posts to a new thread.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up