INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to talk to somebody at Media Jukebox  (Read 1142 times)

richard

Want to talk to somebody at Media Jukebox
« on: August 01, 2002, 04:49:10 pm »

I can't find any "contact us".  I got a question for Media Jukebox; I'm not sure how much the people with funny names on the forum really know about the application.
How do I get this darn program to stop trying to "Download Package"? I want to load Media Jukebox on a PC with no internet access. I would gladly purchase the non-free version if they will tell me how to do that.
Richard

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Want to talk to somebody at Media Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 05:14:27 pm »

Download What Package?

The Start Page?

There Is An Option For That

Settings, Options, Startup Options (Icon)

My Name Is Funny But Thats WHat My Mom Gave Me, She Is A Good Woman.

JimH Works For J River, And Has Whip In Hand
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

phatrabt

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 05:16:15 pm »

Well, to answer your question we (the people with the funny names) are users of MJ just like yourself.  The developers of MJ also visit this board and listen to our input.  They are JimH, Matt, Nikolay, Steve and a few others that I don't remember off hand (sorry guys).  As for the OTHER question, I think you can load the packages on a floppy and install them from there.  The packages are actually used for downloading codecs\encoders\whatever you need to do whatever function you're doing (I hope that made sense).  If\when you do have questions about MJ, this is the place to go!  We'll try to help you as best we can.  Hope this helps!

phatrabt

Chico

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 05:18:01 pm »

Hi Richard,
Most of the "Funny Names" on this forum are very knowlegable about most PC situations and Media Jukebox.  When you came to this forum, you basically clicked the "Contact us".  All of the programmers consantly monitor this forum and are very quick to help.  I must caution you about the use of profanity, however.  That is not taken kindly here.  
If you could be a little more clear about what is happenning, maybe we can come up with an answer for you.  Does the "Download Package" when you are trying to install MJ, or after it is insalled and you try to run it?  If MJ is installed, then go to "Settings/Options/Startup Settings"  and make sure that "Check for updates" is turned off.
If You get the Download package thing when trying to load, then there may something missing on your system that MJ needs to install.
If you can give some info about your system (OS, CPU, memory, etc..) it would help.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 05:18:32 pm »

If you can connect the PC once and let it finish, it will stop asking.

If not, just cancel.

Purchase would also help.

There's more in our FAQ.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 05:27:28 pm »

richard ... what kind of a name is that?
Seriously, you ARE in the right place.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2002, 07:25:51 pm »

I guess I have a funny name also!
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

Richard

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2002, 08:26:36 am »

Sorry,
Sometimes I think I am a lot funnier than other people think I am. Also I read some forums that are pretty wild and I seem to have picked up some bad habits.

Every time I open Media Jukebox it tries to connect to their home page.  It seems to be sort of a system hog so I close it when not listening. When I start MJ sometimes I can cancel the connection attempt, sometimes I have to sit and wait till it times out. Often I'm not even connected to the internet. I don't want to disrespect the MJ folks but all I want is to listen to my music.  I would like to skip the attempt to connect to the internet.  I will be loading MJ on a PC that doesn't have an internet connection soon.

I have looked in the options and unselected everything that looks like connecting to the internet.

Other than this I really like Media Jukebox.  The file manager is the best and most useful I have come across.

Richard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2002, 10:02:24 am »

Check out Options -> Startup -> Start Location (I prefer "Last Location")

(note -- it's a PLUS feature only)

Hope that does the trick Richard.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up