INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Cover art database should ignore "Unknown" lookups  (Read 1121 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe

I just ripped a bunch of CDs that were not found in the database. So, MC assigned "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" during ripping, for me to change later... no problem.

But, amazingly, the hundreds of "Unknowns" all ended up with cover art! Apparently there's an album cover (Asian script plus "Heat Is On" plus a cat photo with a red background) that matches "Unknown" ... incorrectly.

Of course I deleted the incorrect cover art from each track, manually located correct images, and moved on. But after repeating the steps for CD after CD, it seems the process is inefficient for all concerned, and possibly avoidable.

Would it be possible for the cover art database to have permanent/unchangeable records for "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" (and any other common default values) that return nothing?

Or, could JR have MC's cover art lookup process ignore ts own default "Unknown" tags and not use them to locate cover art?

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: [SUGGESTION] Cover art database should ignore "Unknown" lookups
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 10:31:51 am »

Thanks. I'll fix this. -- j

MusicHawk

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 10:14:51 am »

Thanks... (though it's still happening in 12.0.493)
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:14:06 am »

It's not related to the MC release, it's the database side. I'll get to it soon -- j
Pages: [1]   Go Up