INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possibility of having bookmarks work on a Library Server client machine.  (Read 801 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Is there any way to get bookmarks to work over Library Server?  At the moment, even though the client machine "appears" to be updating the bookmark field as a file plays (based on observing the Bookmark field in the Tag Window), as soon as another file is played, the bookmark is lost, and the track will start over at the beginning the next time it is played.  I seem to remember that a while back (perhaps in the MC10 or MC11 days), bookmarks were stored separately on the client so that the user on the client machine could keep their place in audiobooks.  Now, however, only the server can keep bookmarks.

Am I simply missing some setting that may effect this?  If not, is this something that might be considered as a feature?  Given the purpose of using a Library Server client -- i.e. to allow users of machines OTHER than the server to be able to listen to files on the server's library -- it seems like a logical idea for bookmarks to work on the client in the same manner that they work on the server.  That way, my wife and I could each keep our places in the same audiobook files without having to maintain two separate libraries.

Thanks,

Larry

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

I'm looking for something like this as well that would work with the UPnP server. See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46436.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up