INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod 80gb 5th gen doesn’t fully sync with 497  (Read 1924 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Ipod 80gb 5th gen doesn’t fully sync with 497
« on: May 18, 2008, 05:45:32 pm »

My updated firmware (1.3) 80 gb ipod was erased today by selecting all files on the ipod and deleting them.  After the deletion of all files (and without disconnecting the Ipod), I executed a sync with all playlists.  When “finished,” I pressed close and eject, my standard pracetice.  The ipod was missing about 75 files from some playlists and it appeared at least one playlist was missing entirely.

I reconnected the Ipod and it immediately (no action needed on my part) detected the missing files. On a resync it added them and everything seemed fine.

I then did this with another 80gb Ipod (same firwware), same deletions, same playlists.  Exactly the same thing happened.  The missing files (all mp3) were apparently all the same files and playlists.
John

SwellGuy

Re: Ipod 80gb 5th gen doesn’t fully sync with 497
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 09:30:37 am »

I'm struggling to understand what is happening here...

Were the files on the iPod but not listed in the playlists or were they listed in the playlists but didn't play or were they missing from the iPod entirely?

The next time you synced it deleted files that were missing?

Were the missing files all duplicated in other playlists?

Can you reproduce this in a much smaller scale?

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 11:46:21 pm »

I'm struggling to understand what is happening here...

Were the files on the iPod but not listed in the playlists or were they listed in the playlists but didn't play or were they missing from the iPod entirely?

The next time you synced it deleted files that were missing?

Were the missing files all duplicated in other playlists?

Can you reproduce this in a much smaller scale?

Crud.  I hate it when I can't duplicate something!!!

To help answer your questions, I tried the process on my third video ipod (all audio files).  This time the resyncing worked fine - but I did have one difference, after deleting all my files from the Ipod, I ejected it. Then I synced.  No problem - all 6200 files were added.

To answer your questions on my two previous Ipods on substantially identical Ipods with the same files and playlists

1. all files copied to the ipod are via playlists.  I deleted all FILES from the Ipod by selecting and deleting
2. The missing files included some that were from teh middle of playlists.  It appeared that some playlists were missing entirely, but I could not verify that.
3. after I ejected after the first sync and found the problem, i connected the ipod and it immeditely found what appeared to be the missing filles and added them. 
4. I have some files duplicated in mulitiple playslists, but in general, these did not appear to be the problem files (at least some were not)
5. I have not tried to reproduce on a smaller scale, as I failed on the reproduce on the larger scale tonigth (although as noted above, the process was slightly different).

If I can reproduce again, I'll add to thread.  Otherise, I'm just another person who can't reproduce.

John

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 10:44:02 am »

Well, keep trying to reproduce, anyway...
Pages: [1]   Go Up