INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp4 to wmv conversion error (failed)  (Read 834 times)

cmsstar

mp4 to wmv conversion error (failed)
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:43:18 pm »

I'm having a problem similar to the one described in this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46475.msg318618#msg318618

Basically, when I try to convert video podcasts encoded as mp4s into wmv to transfer to my Creative Zen, the process begins, shows an error state after just a second or two, then claims the sync is complete.  I've tried the conversion both during a sync to my Zen and during a sync to a folder.  Both produced the same results, so I'm eliminating a problem with the player.

MC 12 is updated to version 12.0.497 and I've also tried, as suggested in the above-mentioned post, deleting the ffmpeg entries in the plugins folder to no avail.  Could this be a similar problem to the one in that post?

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: mp4 to wmv conversion error (failed)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:51:25 am »

Your conversion is opposite to the one in the thread you linked (mp4 -> wmv vs. avi -> mp4). That is why trying the method suggested there would not help.

In order to convert mp4 to another format, you must be playing mp4 in DirectShow engine.

Tools -> Options -> Playback -> Video -> DirectShow Playback Settings... make sure mp4 checkbox is checked in the list of DirectShow types.

After that, make sure your mp4 can play in DirectShow. If not, you may need to install some filters.

See this wiki article for details.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up