INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I store cover art both as folder.jpg and in tag  (Read 1679 times)

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
How do I store cover art both as folder.jpg and in tag
« on: February 26, 2008, 12:42:24 am »

Currently, I have cover art stored within the tags of my audio files as well as in a folder. If I change the option to store as folder.jpg, how can I get MC to move all of the cover art files from the centralized folder to the approriate folders named as folder.jpg?

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How do I store cover art both as folder.jpg and in tag
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 06:18:37 pm »

Is there a way to do this? All of my files have cover art stored in the tags. I want to copy that cover art from the tags to a folder.jpg in each folder. Alternatively, I also have the cover art stored in a centralized folder through JR Media Center. How can I copy and/or move this cover art into the same folders as the music files as folder. jpg? If MC12 cannot do this, is anyone aware of an app that can (guessing it would have to pull from the tags and not a centralized folder)?

packyb

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 06:03:55 pm »

I have a similar question. I'm planning on migrating all of my files to a new computer and am concerned that in the transition my cover art won't be properly associated in MediaCenter on the new PC. (I'm also wondering if some portion of my cover art is stored in several different folders over the years.) Anyway, anyone have suggestions how I can tighten this up?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 12:58:48 pm »

I can't think of a simple way to do this.  But there should be.

How about a new Cover Art menu function called "Save Internal Images To External Location Specified In Options"? (the name needs work)

Or should "Update Tags (from library)" copy tag cover art to the external location?  It would already copy external art to the tag.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:48:44 pm »

Or should "Update Tags (from library)" copy tag cover art to the external location?  It would already copy external art to the tag.

This was my first thought when I wanted to do this...

-John

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 06:13:50 am »

I wrote this little app to do just this. It will store the image from the first file in each album to Folder.jpg

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46406.0

Ross

johnnyboy

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 06:02:01 pm »

A new function in cover art menu would be great.
This is the type of thing I wanted to do the other day and I dont really want to update all my tags.
There's already a whole menu specifically for dealing with cover arts, an option like this in there would be great.
Maybe one that opened a dialog with something like:

Copy all coverart to:

* Folder.jpg
* Inside tags

That way, regardless of what options you had set in MC, with one litty option you could copy it all to where you want.

It would simply the process ALOT over right now where you have to go around the options, work out which ones put a copy of it where then do an update tags.

Hope you add this, things that simplify basic tasks are always welcomed! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up