INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Suggestions  (Read 957 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Cover Art Suggestions
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:57:46 pm »

Love the way MC has progressed in handling cover art, but I have a few more suggestions that could help further improve it.

I've got my cover art in individual folders named [Artist] - [Album].jpg

This works great for showing up in MC12.

However, I would also liked the cover art stored in the individual mp3s.

With my library of 50,000+ tracks, this isn't really feasible (or perhaps i should say desired) from a space perspective. However, I only carry ~2000 files on my iPod... and it would be really nice to be able to store cover art in these files so I can view the art on my iPod... not to mention on my head unit in my car when I connect my iPod up to it.

It would be absolutely fantastic if there was an easy way to remove all cover art embedded within files but leave it attached in Media Center. Similarly, it would be great if I could highlight a selection of files and take whatever image Media Center has stored for it and embedded it within the file.

Suggestion #2 has to do with resizing cover art. It'd be nice if you could set a cover art size (say, 300x300 or 500x500 or whatever the user specifies...) and whenever cover art was imported, if it was greater than this size it was automatically downsized. Or maybe an option to where it would downsize it before embedding it within individual files but leaves the higher quality image on disk.

mlagase

• World Citizen
Re: Cover Art Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:07:19 am »

Another suggestion would be to add a search mechanism in which you can manually change the data or manually type the data that is being searched as albums that have multiple artists never seem to find the correct cover art. If there was only a way to simply put a text box to type the data manually, that would be a most useful feature to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up