INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deinterlace - What Filters?  (Read 2940 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Deinterlace - What Filters?
« on: June 10, 2008, 06:49:12 pm »

I'm deinterlacing M2T files and it seems the filters MC is using is doing it by itself.  I've tried to select FFDSHOW Video Decoder as a filter for this file type and use the deinterlacing in that but whenever I say show filters being used, it's not listed.  I have copied the filters to clipboard and pasted it below.  Does anybody have an idea of which of these filters would be deinterlacing and how I get into it to change the settings.  The method it is using right now is not satisfactory at all.

Thanks in advance.
Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
        CLSID: {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A}
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output' of filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {0246CA20-776D-11D2-8010-00104B9B8592}
        Host: C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\IVIVIDEO.ax
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'Nero Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
        Output Pin 'Video Output'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Program Files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'MPEG Audio Decoder'

Filter 'MPEG Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {4A2286E0-7BEF-11CE-9BD9-0000E202599C}
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'Nero Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1AudioPayload, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'

Filter 'Nero Splitter'
        CLSID: {A336CD3B-599C-4F70-A34D-E88EDE4B64C3}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeSplitter.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'File Source (Async.)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {49952F4C-3EDC-4A9B-8906-1DE02A3D4BC2}, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'MPEG Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1AudioPayload, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'File Source (Async.)'
        CLSID: {E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Nero Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {49952F4C-3EDC-4A9B-8906-1DE02A3D4BC2}, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Deinterlace - What Filters?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:18:10 pm »

I've tried to select FFDSHOW Video Decoder as a filter for this file type and use the deinterlacing in that but whenever I say show filters being used, it's not listed. 

DirectShow would not use the filter you choose if that filter can not handle the file type. In your case, DirectShow needs InterVideo Video decoder to decode MPEG-2. FFDShow could not do it for one of the following two reasons:

1. You did not configure FFDShow to decode MPEG-2.
2. Or the particular MPEG-2 file you were trying to play simply could not be decoded by FFDShow.

The first thing you can try is to make sure FFDShow is configured to decode MPEG-2 (read wiki article on FFDShow).

If that still does not work, you can use InterVideo decoder (specify it in MC), AND also specify "FFDShow Raw Video Decoder". Make sure you configure FFDShow Raw Video decoder to "all supported types". This way, the FFDShow raw video filter will be connected after the InterVideo decoder, and you can use its deinterlacing feature.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 09:47:03 pm »

I didn't have FFDSHOW to decode Mpeg2 so that did the trick.  There are 2 options though...any suggest as to which one to use.

In addition I'm trying a few different deinterlacing methods none of which I'm very happy with.  I'd go into how the picture looks to me but suffice to say it looks like it's dropping frames.

If I play the file from VLC player with linear it looks much better.  Does anybody have any suggestions on this...i'm reading that ffdshow is not the greatest at tackling this problem and I'm seeing the evidence.

If you want me to start a new thread let me know and you can close this one off.

Thanks for the quick reply....it was very helpful.

Oh and to add to this...I didn't seem to be getting any different results with all the deinterlacing methods to I turned it off and ran the file and it was still deinterlaced and it was using the FFDSHOW filter.  Any idea why that would happen?  Is FFDSHOW actually processing the deinterlacing?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 06:23:05 am »

Oh and to add to this...I didn't seem to be getting any different results with all the deinterlacing methods to I turned it off and ran the file and it was still deinterlaced and it was using the FFDSHOW filter.  Any idea why that would happen?  Is FFDSHOW actually processing the deinterlacing?

Maybe the video renderer is doing it. Do you use VMR9? It automatically deinterlaces, if the video hardware supports it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:21:40 pm »

Okay, I change the video render to the other 2 options and tried all deinterlacing options in FFDSHOW.  FFDSHOW sucks at deinterlacing.  I have a relatively high motion video and it looks like it's skipping frames...almost like it's filmed in 24.  I played the same clip in vlc player and it's dynamite.

I have FFDSHOW revision 1629 from Nov 2007.  I know this isn't a direct MC question but the two seem to go hand in hand..I'll open a new thread if you want but does anybody have any suggestions on what version is best for deinterlacing or if I should try another decoder.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up