INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST: Sequence for playlist view scheme  (Read 1241 times)

JONCAT

FEATURE REQUEST: Sequence for playlist view scheme
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:17:46 pm »

The option to add playlists, as or to View Schemes is hampered by the fact that no sequence is preserved. I use playlist mainly for mixes, but regardless of use, itr would seem that the sequence for a playlist is rather important.

Using a custom tag field is a problem because of the possibility of using the same song in multiple playlists. It would be nice if the Playlist usage in View Schemes could recognize the Seq. filed associated with that particular playlist.

DC

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Sequence for playlist view scheme
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 05:43:24 pm »

Ahhh... So I am not the only one who was frustrated when I assumed this would work.  Add me to the list of people raising a hand for this one.

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:16:26 am »

Anyone else want to cllimb onboard or offer some ideas?

DC ;D

bbmpperry

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:12:39 am »

You two might be talking about something different, but what I find frustrating (and I'm hoping that it's just a lack of knowledge on my part) is that after I've created a playlist and then go into the playlist to change the sequence of the songs, the ONLY way I can change the sequence is by manually moving the songs one at a time.  I cannot change the sequence simply by clicking the Artist or Album column so as to re-sort the list according to Artist or Album.  I can RESORT the list BUT the SEQUENCE remains the same.

Help!

This also affects burning, too.  I know there are numerous ?'s on this board regarding burning order for DATA discs, but this still is a problem when it comes to burning AUDIO discs.  If I want to burn an AUDIO CD and want to change the order that MC-12 will put the songs on the disc, I have to manually move the songs around.  I can't just click the Artist or Album column to resort the sequence in which the songs are placed on the audio disc.  Supposedly, I am supposed to be able to check the box that says, "Prefix the list order to the CD filename", but that does not work for audio cd burning.

Please pardon the caps on some words.... I felt I needed to emphasize.  No anger is behind this post.

Thanks.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 12:02:42 pm »

Can't you just click on the column heading to sort and then just click the Update Order button in the playlist header (or right click on the playlist in the tree and click Update Order)?

Regarding using the Seq. in a view scheme, this seems completely bizarre to me...surely if you want the sequence of it you could just use the playlist?  The view scheme is just a way of displaying a certain set of files in a certain way.  Guess I'm just not fully understanding.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 12:22:16 pm »

The option to add playlists, as or to View Schemes is hampered by the fact that no sequence is preserved. I use playlist mainly for mixes, but regardless of use, itr would seem that the sequence for a playlist is rather important.

I think the *inclusion* of Seq as a parameter to sort by, in a viewscheme, is being asked for here.

Seq is not a user field, its one of those internal parameters only applicable in a playlist view or PN.

And you can't workaround using a custom field because..

..of the possibility of using the same song in multiple playlists. It would be nice if the Playlist usage in View Schemes could recognize the Seq. filed associated with that particular playlist.

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 10:06:44 pm »

I like what View Schemes and playlists like. I can't see all my mixes as Tiles when I access a playlist group; you can only see files in each as Tiles.

If the tree is closed I can't easily switch between playlists (you can use the Navigation icon in the toolbar), but I have a lot of mixes, and having an entire view scheme with all the functionality they offer would be great.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up