INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image "failed to load from inside file" messages.  (Read 1808 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Image "failed to load from inside file" messages.
« on: June 04, 2008, 04:22:38 am »

I've recently reported this message/error in various circumstances, but tonight I discovered that a bunch of my Audible files are giving me the "failed to load from inside files" message in the "Image" Tag Window, and these files refuse to allow me to add cover art to them at all.  I tried to "Update library from tags" (which usually works to pull art out of aa files), but it doesn't work on these files.

I also tried to copy and paste art to these files, which "seems" to work at first (i.e. the image appears in the Image TW), but as soon as I navigate away from the file and back, the art is gone, and I once again get the "failed to load from inside file" error.  It seems like I "should" be able to manually add art to aa files even though the art can't be written to the tags of aa files -- shouldn't it just be "linked" to the aa files in this case?

If I "Remove Cover Art" from these files, the error goes away, and I instead see "no image" in the Image Tag Window.  As soon as I do an "Update from tags" OR Copy/Paste operation, however, the "failed to load from inside file" comes back again.  Unlike the mp3 files that have given me this "failed to load" error before, I have so far been unable to get art to "stick" to these aa files.

As far as I can remember, I only started seeing this within the last several weeks or so, so it seems like it's a relatively recent issue.

As of yet, I can't see any pattern to why some of my aa files have this issue while others do not.  A lot of my aa files don't have this issue, but I still have hundreds that do, so it's effecting quite a few of them.

One other thing:  I navigated to some backups of these files (i.e. copies of these files that are NOT imported), and they displayed the same issue.  Thumbs were immediately built for many of the files, while the rest display the "failed to load from inside file" message.

I'm happy to send one or more of these files to someone -- please just let me know where to send it.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Image "failed to load from inside file" messages.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:35:50 am »

Is there anybody that I should send a sample file (or files) to?  I seem to remember somebody at JR saying that they could not reproduce this issue, so I'd think these files (which demonstrate this issue) would be quite valuable.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 01:13:10 pm »

Just bumping this since I was asked about starting a thread about this issue, but I had already started this one.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 04:57:22 am »

I just ran into another mp3 file that is having this problem.  For troubleshooting purposes, I'm going to hang on to a copy of this file WITHOUT fixing it first.  This way I have both aa and mp3 samples that show this problem.

I reported in one of the "build" threads that I have a LOT of Audible files that have this issue, and that unlike mp3 files that show the same issue, the aa files cannot be fixed by "removing" and re-applying cover art to the file.  I can send a couple files -- both mp3 and aa -- to somebody at JR for troubleshooting.  Please just let me know where to send them.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 02:36:08 am »

I just did a rip, and two of the tracks had this issue after the rip was done (the rest of the tracks were fine.)  I was once again able to "remove" the art from these files and do a "Quick find," after which the art correctly showed up for these files.

I saved a copy of both of these files so I now have two more mp3s that show this issue.

Isn't there somebody as JR who would like to take a look at these files in order to troubleshoot this issue?  I'm not the only one that has reported this "failed to load from inside file" message.

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up