INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skinning Issue  (Read 1167 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Skinning Issue
« on: June 19, 2008, 02:09:50 pm »

It's been brought to my attention that when editing fields using the 2nd Stage skin I released recently the text colour is really dark on black - nearly unreadable.

To start with I thought i'd made a mistake.
However after looking closer I'm thinking maybe not.
I don't think this colour is set anywhere.  I think this maybe the first skin with black combo backs,
which are fine elsewhere but for some reason have a different colour on the action tag window.

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
Re: Skinning Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 12:26:38 am »

MC seems to use the system coloring of windows for this edit / combobox control. I wasn't able to change it, too.

<FRAME>

<Entry Name="Edit" >
        <Colors Text="23252C" ....
    </Entry>

</FRAME>

This part of the main.xml manipulate only the color of the combobox element when it's displayed for read, but if you change it into edit mode it will take over the coloring of your windows system. You can check this by selecting one part of the field content with the mouse and compare the result with a standard edit / combobox for example of the "file - open ..." dialog of notepad.exe.

Beatnik

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 03:48:06 am »

So effectively we need more control of edit control colours?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 07:56:12 am »

If I do File > Open in notepad, I get black text on a white background.
So MC is going to use this same black text against whatever background color is defined in the skin?
In this case, black on dark?

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:41:03 am »

So effectively we need more control of edit control colours?

Would be helpful ... but the combobox / edit control is not the only part where I miss the control about the colors. For example see the red areas in the screenshot.

In all this areas you have none or reduced control about the colours. Maybe we will get it sometime to make our skins prefect.

If I do File > Open in notepad, I get black text on a white background.
So MC is going to use this same black text against whatever background color is defined in the skin?
In this case, black on dark?

You are right, MC uses the colors of the standard combobox / edit control for the text and the background image defined in the main.xml. So in case of the MC skin "2nd Stage" and using the Windows XP standard theme you will get black on black.

Beatnik
Pages: [1]   Go Up